Whispering Hope

The life and times of my daughter, Stephanie Hope. Stephanie came to us in May of 2005 and her adoption was finalized in October of 2006. She is 16 years old and struggles with Bipolar Disorder, Major Depression, Oppositional Defiant Disorder, and Post Traumatic Stess Disorder as a result of a lifetime of abuse and neglect.

Thursday, September 25, 2008

Catching up

I know it has been SO LONG, but we have been SO BUSY! Have I mentioned we are homeschooling? I knew it would take a lot of my time, but reall, I HAD NO IDEA. We have recently switched to a pre-boxed curriculum that is making a big difference though. It is AlphaOmega's LifePac series and it really is wonderful. I think Stephanie is finally really LEARNING rather than just regurgitating information or cheating (which it seems was the vast majority of the time).

Anyway, the other day she said to me, "You know, with the homeschooling, I definately under a lot less pressure." I tried to play it cool, but inside I was jumping up and down. Maybe she is finally seeing that we are trying to make things better/easier for her in the long run.

Also, I snapped these two pictures of STephanie working at her desk in our little schoolroom today:



1 Comments:

  • At 1:37 PM , Blogger team gesink said...

    Erica,
    Thank you very much for your support and mention of our Alpha Omega Products. We would appreciate it very much if you could please post a link from your blog to our website.
    http://www.aop.com

    Thanks and have a wonderful day!
    AOP

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home