Whispering Hope

The life and times of my daughter, Stephanie Hope. Stephanie came to us in May of 2005 and her adoption was finalized in October of 2006. She is 16 years old and struggles with Bipolar Disorder, Major Depression, Oppositional Defiant Disorder, and Post Traumatic Stess Disorder as a result of a lifetime of abuse and neglect.

Saturday, October 28, 2006

Phone

As if she weren't in enough trouble, last night at 11 PM I picked up the phone to call Joe, who was still at work, and Stephanie was on it. First of all, she had the phone taken from her room a LONG time ago for repeated abuse of priviledges, so that mean she TOOK it from somewhere. Second, when she is allowed to use the phone, cut off time is 8 PM. AND THIRD, she JUST got grounded.

I am upping the phone grounding to two months.

I have cancelled our home phone. It was something I had been considering anyway, especially since we're planning on getting Stephanie a cell phone (with a VERY limited plan) when our contract is up in December. She was essentially the only one who ever used our home phone and now that she is grounded until Christmas, it really seemed silly to pay $50 a month for it. So, now I don't have to worry about her making phone calls in the middle of the night anymore and I don't have to worry about bratty teenagers with abhorent phone manners calling all day and night, either. Win/win as far as I am concerned.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home