Whispering Hope

The life and times of my daughter, Stephanie Hope. Stephanie came to us in May of 2005 and her adoption was finalized in October of 2006. She is 16 years old and struggles with Bipolar Disorder, Major Depression, Oppositional Defiant Disorder, and Post Traumatic Stess Disorder as a result of a lifetime of abuse and neglect.

Monday, October 16, 2006

Getting Started

Here I am ,starting another blog. This one is for my newest daughter, Stephanie Hope. Steph's adoption was finalized Thursday, October 12th. She has lived with us about 16 months and in that time has grown from a wounded shell of a child to an intelligent, vibrant young woman. I am proud of her progress and yet, I know, we still have many hard miles ahead of us. I hope that this will serve as two things: as venting space for me (who knew I would have a 14 year old daughter at age 28!?) and as a record of Stephanie's many accomplishments so that she will see her progress when she has those days when she feels she has made none.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home