Whispering Hope

The life and times of my daughter, Stephanie Hope. Stephanie came to us in May of 2005 and her adoption was finalized in October of 2006. She is 16 years old and struggles with Bipolar Disorder, Major Depression, Oppositional Defiant Disorder, and Post Traumatic Stess Disorder as a result of a lifetime of abuse and neglect.

Saturday, May 24, 2008

Day 3

UPDATE: Wednesday, May 21, 1:30 PM

I spent the morning at the police station. They believe they have found an address and they expect to pick her up this afternoon. I will continue to update you as I get more information. Thank you all again!



UPDATE: Wednesday, May 21, 10:20PM

The police were unable to execute the pick up today for logistical reasons. The plan is to have the police work in concert with Stephanie's therapist to immediately commit her to a psychiatric facility upon her return to Hamilton County. That can only happen if done early in the day, so we are looking at tomorrow mid-morning. Stephanie has a standing appointment with her therapist each week and, in her absence, Joe and I met with the therapist to discuss plans for now and for the future. She said something that I hadn't thought of: she suggested that we begin to prpare ourselves for the possibility that the police will not find either of them - that Stephanie and her bio-mom may have gone on the run. Truly, it was something that I hadn't considered. So again, I just ask for your continued prayers and I thank you all for your love and support.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home